[dorkbotlondon-blabber] open money/maps/secret underground london trips

andrea b dorkbotlondon-blabber@music.columbia.edu
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:07:14 -0800 (PST)

hi!
i just joined the list and went to my first DoRKbOt
meeting on wed.i was fascinated by michaels talk
finding it very stimulating/lots of big concepts/ideas
tho at times difficult to follow!
he was entertaining not too dry or anything!
tho i expect he has a background in economics which a
lot of us dont share..he seems very ambitious and i
hope he can suceed and go beyond what the LETS systems
do (attract a big range of ppl and tangelible goods
like food not the just overabundance of guitar lessons
and cat sitting u often see with LETS)but i had to
leave as soon as he finished (that is before ash's
presentation)due to the cold getting to me.as i
arrived bang on for 7 the culmative effect just froze
me out.certainly i dont blame the hosts that their
studio is cold!im just a wuss as my place is
OVERHEATED
so im not ready for the cold!
some one in a beige woolie hat(sorry i didnt catch yr
name) announced his project about mapping and secret
underground places.
im very interested!
u said this will be happening in may and june.
it sounds like a psychic/magickal iain sinclairish
type view of what maps/journeys are.i love LOOKING at
maps and have even done my OWN personal associations
MAP of deptford high street.
so pls keep me on yr mailing list for the mapping
project and trips if possible.
bye for now..andrea b.